Look to your right. More lynx have been added. It is a positive infestation of lynx. Some bookmarks, transferred from browser to blog. This, apparently is what is known as a blogroll. Every blog that has been linked to, is like butter. Because its on a roll. Ha ha. Very droll, we are also thinking.
- Muesli Harmless - Be careful. Take your surgeon friend along. Will be useful when you need to shove your guts back inside and stitch them up, after you are done laughing.
- A Walk In The Clouds - Another person with a wacko sense of humour [and some thousands (tens of thousands?) of adoring readers, apparently!]. Be warned about the PJs, though. They are all over the place, scattered, like dandelion seeds and shrapnel.
- Zoo Station - One of the first blogs we bookmarked. Used to be a group blog, with a bunch of friends contributing, but now Reuben fights the good fight all alone. Very very interesting stuff here, almost every day. Lots of information, just the right amount of controversy, and so on.
- Emergic - Rajesh Jain's writings on "Emerging Technologies, Enterprises and Markets"
- Deesha - Atanu Dey on India's development. Disagree with many things here often, but always a thought-provoking read.
- Indian Economy - This one is surely the flavour of the month. A bunch of A-list bloggers (Reuben, Atanu, Amit Varma etc.) present their take on the Indian economy. Interesting (if 'conventional') perspectives, even if one can't agree with them all the time. Or most of the time :-)
- Sepia Mutiny - Another group blog where you're guaranteed to find something interesting, funny, weird every day. If you absolutely must read something new everyday, go here.
- Meditations (of the DelphicOracle) - The DelphicOracle has sadly fallen very silently lately, although it used to speak at Zoo Station on many things - computers, Indian history (and the study thereof), the Red Sox...
- Nanopolitan - Technology, society, more! Teaches at I.I.Sc in Bangalore, and has much to say about many, many things. Is also testing the theory that he is the only Abinandanan in the world. May Popper go with him.
- Locana - That's not "loca" as in "locate", but locana as in the samskrtam for "eye". Anand writes on a variety of interesting things, and he doesn't know it but we find ourselves in concord very often.
- Siddharth Varadarajan - Veteran journalist, very professional stuff.
- Dilip D'Souza - Veteran columnist, writes about many things, with a personal touch.
- Indianwriting - Uma M-D runs a fantastic blog. Like SepiaMutiny, something of interest every day. Bombay, books, movies, Bombay, people, animals, places, Bombay, issues, and so on. Did we mention Bombay? Well, yes a bit too much of Bombay (but then what would you have a blog about Bombay do?), but absolutely don't-miss-every-day blog.
- AnandTech - Before you buy any gadget, check out what these guys have to say.
- Joel On Software - Joel Spolsky's legendary blog, with his take on many many things about software development. He's very opinionated, but that's what makes this such a good read.
Ah, it is Friday.
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.
Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.
He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.
The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.