Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Verse Thingy

After a long, long time. Via 3 Quarks Daily, we arrive at Kenneth Patchen's As We Are So Wonderfully Done with Each Other.

As We Are So Wonderfully Done with Each Other

BY KENNETH PATCHEN

As we are so wonderfully done with each other
We can walk into our separate sleep
On floors of music where the milkwhite cloak of childhood lies

O my lady, my fairest dear, my sweetest, loveliest one
Your lips have splashed my dull house with the speech of flowers
My hands are hallowed where they touched over your
                soft curving.

It is good to be weary from that brilliant work
It is being God to feel your breathing under me

A waterglass on the bureau fills with morning . . .
Don’t let anyone in to wake us.




Similar-ish past posts - To Manijeh - Vikram Seth, To His Lost Lover - Simon Armitage, Sex Without Love - Sharon Olds

Have you seen Bob - The Angry Flower? He is most hilarious. Self described as "An irritable flower takes on aliens and wheelchair basketball." The first one I saw was this sequel to "Atlas Shrugged".



Today's Pangolins I Have Known is ridiculously funny. Can't help staring at it for a few seconds and bursting into giggles, in a loop.

No comments: